ALS Rope Access inspection services can provide substantial savings over traditional access methods
Rope access is a safe and efficient method to access remote locations for inspection and testing.
爱博体育官网The advantage of rope access is the speed with which technicians can access and egress difficult locations, with minimal impact on operations, offering an alternative to traditional means of scaffolding, elevated work platforms (EWPs) and cranes.
ALS combines rope access solutions with our marketing leading inspection capability, meaning that ALS can deliver most services using rope access technology, including:
- Non-Destructive Testing, both traditional and Advanced NDT methods
- On Site Chemical Analysis (OES, PMI)
- Visual Inspections
爱博体育官网The benefits of rope access services of traditional access methods include:
- Equipment requirements are removed (e.g. EWP, scaffolding)
- Labour requirements are reduced
- Quick response time and faster access decreasing operational downtime
- Potential damage to structures is minimised
- Reduced reliance on costly shutdowns – by combining rope access with inspection methods to support in-service inspection
ALS employs a Twin Rope Access system, a method that utilises two lines – a working line and a safety backup line. This system uses specially designed ropes, full body harnesses, karabiner connectors and rope grabs.
This Equipment must meet the requirements of AS/NZS 4488.1:1997, AS/NZS 4488.5:1997 and IRATA International standards and can be deployed in different combinations to provide a specific access solution.
ALS provide rope access services across all industries and service lines. Common applications include:
- Tank shells and roofs
- Docks and piers
- Pressure vessels
- Overhead cranes
- Structural Steel
- Pipelines that span bridges
- Confined spaces