ALS is a leader in providing well site reservoir or consistent temperature desorption services. Gas desorption and analytical services are currently being utilised in the coal seam gas, shale gas and fugitive emissions industries in Australia and worldwide.
Wellsite Gas Desorption
爱博体育官网The services can be performed by our trained geologists and desorption technicians or provided to our clients as an equipment and training package, if you have your own internal personnel that could be utilised on the project.
• ALS’s desorption equipment designed to ensure safety and quality
• Our professional and experienced geologists complete detailed field lithological and cleat logging, sampling and onsite core management.
• Transport of desorption samples to one of our laboratories after an appropriate timeframe; daily, weekly or at the end of the well.
• Gas characterisation samples (composition and isotopic) can be collected as directed in the field or the laboratory.
Laboratory Gas Desorption
Once received at our desorption laboratory the samples remain in their ‘Q2 online’ phase at the same constant temperature as in the field until directed by the client.
• Regular desorption readings and updates to allow our customers to monitor their samples and determine the ‘offline’ or Q3 point.
• Variable length of desorption time possible. ALS can process samples quickly if a short Q2 time is required for fast turnaround of gas content results.
• Collection of gas samples during the desorption process for further analysis.
At the ‘offline’ point the samples are removed from canisters and undergo a number of downstream processes including high resolution core photography, lithotype and cleat logging, residual gas measurement and any required coal or other analyses. In alignment with industry best practice, all desorption samples are corrected for ash, moisture, temperature, pressure and void space. ALS geologists are also involved with the reconciliation of the geological logs including coal desorption samples with geophysical logs to ensure the most accurate information is supplied to the client.
Gas Composition Analysis
Managed and operated by the dedicated chemists in the ALS laboratory, the world class Gas Composition Analyser provides ultra-fast natural gas composition analysis.
• Gas chromatography for C1 to C12 hydrocarbons and permanent gases analyses
• reliable, high quality results
Quality assurance and control is of utmost importance to ALS to provide you reliable gas composition results. Our reporting process also includes open quality control checks that are second to none.
Proximate analysis including relative density
Using our Helium Pycnometer our internal proximate analysis ensures:
• integrity of sample handling from ‘offline’ to testing to minimise the turnaround time
• 爱博体育官网external and internal tests for inter-laboratory comparability